An airport worker crashed a set of steps into a Ryanair
plane headed for Ibiza at Stansted Airport, causing it to be delayed by 90
minutes. A spokesman said the man behind
the incident was not part of the additional workforce that covers for the
people currently on strike over the Jubilee Weekend.
Baggage handlers of the GMB and Unite unions employed by
Swissport on strike during due to new rosters threatening pay cuts meaning they
work extra days for free. The strike started last Saturday, and will end this
Wednesday.
---
Somehow I don't think starting to damage property is the way to go when you wish to get a pay raise or better working conditions. I'm just glad the poor passengers didn't suffer too much from this stupid action. That's generally the issue I have with airport staff going on strike; it's really the poor passengers who suffer and that's not going to make people feel sympathy for your case.
source
No comments:
Post a Comment