Wednesday, 6 June 2012

London 2012: Olympic ticket sales slow as more released

Five out of six of the 300,000 Olympic tickets remain unsold. These tickets have been available for 12 days now, and the slowdown in sales is worrying, most of all considering these are tickets for what were expected to be the more popular sports like volleyball and boxing. At the same time this is rather surprising considering the tickets earlier this year were extremely high in demand.

In total there are another 550,000 tickets left to be put on sale, with an additional 1.23 million football tickets which area already available.

Locog stated that more than 8 million tickets have been sold for the Olympics and Paralympics, as well that about 3 million tickets remain to be sold for the Olympic football, the Paralympics and contingency tickets.

Ceremony tickets start at £995 while tickets for other sports can vary between £20 and £720.

---

I'd be lying if I said if this news didn't make me giggle. The London Olympics has been a bit of a joke between me and my partner since England paid a small fortune for one of the worst logos ever designed. I see it as one big joke.

Of course the ticket sales not doing so well is troubling for the economy of the country, which isn't doing that great and the olympics going badly isn't going to do it any favours. So I still have my fingers crossed the (overpriced) tickets will sell.

I really don't care for the olympics - except for the bit where Doctor Who/Matt Smith carried the torch.

source

No comments:

Post a Comment