Brompton Road is not the only abandoned station awaiting resurrection, but Transport for London has warned that in order to make certain everything is safe it could require many years before these stations are open for the public.
---
I think this is absolutely marvelous news. I've been excited about these stations ever since seeing photos of daring adventurers who snuck inside the parts of the old tube lines to show these stations to the public. They're locked off from the world but are conserved parts of history with for example advertisements of those times time eras still stuck on the wall, faded in most cases, but still there. Actually making these available to the public is lovely although I do worry about how 'tourist attraction like' they intend on making it, possibly destroying parts of the authentic looks in the process.
![]() |
| Notting Hill Tube Station |
Source

I think it's kind of cool they'd want to open those up for viewers. I'm sure that's an interesting thing to visit, but I agree with you that they'd probably want to make it a little too touristy.
ReplyDeleteYour summary was quite short, and for a second I wasn't sure as to where this ghost station was. Also, I saw you misspelled Piccadilly, and must therefor wag my finger at you. You also wrote 'aras' instead of 'eras', but I think spellcheck doesn't catch that.